The safety and security of our customers and team is always our top priority, and we have been working hard to find a safe way to start serving again in line with government advice.
We have now started contact-free delivery and collection at our restaurant and we are aiming to open our dine-in services from 8th August, 2020.
It’s really important to us that our restaurants are a safe place to be for both our customers and our staff. Here’s some changes we’ll be introducing:
- We’ll be checking in with staff before they work a shift to make sure they feel fit and well enough to come to work.
- We encourage advance bookings so that the flow of customers is manageable and try to ensure that there is enough space for social distancing as per governments guidelines.
- We encourage contactless payment where possible.
- All visitors and drivers must wear face coverings as per governments guidelines when collecting the orders or inquiring from the restaurant.
- As well as hygiene briefings to keep safety top of mind, we’ll also be increasing cleaning practices within the restaurant including hand washing at regular intervals. We’ll also be providing customers and delivery riders with hand sanitiser.
- Face coverings are available for our team members who wish to wear them
- We have moveable transparent screens in between tables to separate different groups in the restaurant.
- We have laminated compact menus which can be easily wiped clean after every use.
- We will collect and retain customer information to help with NHS track and Trace for 21 days after your visit. Please visit www.gov.uk for more info.